Are you visiting Europe and the UK and stuck figuring out what cities to visit? We have put together a list of our five favourite cities and some quirky activities/attractions.
1. London, UK
London is the capital and largest city of the United Kingdom. It has something for everyone: history, culture, fine food and impressive architecture.
- Visit the British Museum and Natural History Museum
- Check out what’s on in the pantomimes.
- Visit the borough markets and check out the local delicacies.
- Shop at Harrods for souvenirs.
- Relax by walking down the Reagents canal.
- Unwind by visiting Kew Gardens.
- Walk from Westminster bridge to Buckingham Palace.
- Trip out of town to Ancient Roman city of Bath.
2. Krakow, Poland
Krakow is Poland’s ancient capital and is well known for its fabulous architecture, fascinating history, and rich culture. Every person who has visited sings its praises – A must-see.
- Visit Auschwitz Concentration camp.
- Explore the salt mines.
- Explore the Wawel Castle and Rynek Główny (main square).
- Educate yourself at Oskar Schindler’s Factory Museum.
- For the braver crowd – visit Lost Souls Alley.
3. Florence, Italy
Florence is the striking capital of Tuscany, a region located on Italy’s northwest coast. Characterized by its magnificent architecture, timeless art and Tuscan rustic cuisine, it’s no wonder Florence is a prime destination in Europe.
- Explore the Duomo Museum.
- Take in the Palazzo Vecchio.
- Visit the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore.
- Explore the Oltrano quarter of Florence; two must-sees are:
- Palazzo Pitti.
- Walk to Piazzale Michelangelo.
- For art lovers, the Uffizi Gallery is a must-see.
4. Prague, Czech Republic
Prague is the capital and the largest city of the Czech Republic, a country located at the heart of Europe. Prague is famous for its well-preserved monuments, including castles, cathedrals, medieval squares, and bridges.
- Spend a day in the city of Kutna Hora.
- Get a beautiful view of the city from St Nicholas church
- Visit Prague castle (Pražský hrad) and Vysehrad castle
- Walk from Old town square to Charles bridge.
- Explore Josefov, the Jewish quarter of Prague.
5. Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona is the capital city of the Catalonian region of Spain. The seaside city has beautiful beaches, fantastic architecture, delicious seafood and an electric nightlife.
- Visit both at Parc de la ciutadella & Park Güell
- Enjoy local delacasees at Mercado de La Boqueria.
- Sightseeing, we’d especially recommend:
- Casa Batlló
- La Sagrada Familia
- The gothic quarter of Barcelona.
- Wind down on Bogateli Beach.
- Examine the artwork at the Picasso Museum
- Visit Camp Nou if you’re a football (soccer) fan.