Salary Range: Starting salary $21.00 per hour/$41,000 per year.
This is a permanent, full-time position, minimum 37.5 hours per week. This position requires availability from Tuesday-Saturday, with 8-hour shifts scheduled between the hours of 9:00am-9:00pm.
Calforex is a Canadian leader in Foreign Exchange services operating nine retail locations across Canada. At Calforex we take pride in offering our clients competitive personalized foreign exchange services and providing unmatched customer service. Calforex is seeking motivated, talented team members who are dedicated to providing a welcoming and professional environment for our clients and fellow employees.
Calforex is currently hiring for a Head Teller position for our Vaughan Mills location. The position of Head Teller is of a front-line ambassador to both our local clientele and tourists from across the globe. The Head Teller has the added responsibility of being the backup for the Branch Manager, and they will be fully trained in all day-to-day branch operational duties as well as quarterly and yearly audit duties.
Success at Calforex relies on the following:
- Providing a welcoming and cheerful environment for clients during their transactions in branch and while interacting with clients by phone and email.
- Engaging with clients to accurately determine their needs and offer appropriate products and services.
- An aptitude for problem solving and responding flexibly to new challenges.
- Communicating effectively and professionally with clients regarding Calforex policy and Federal or Provincial regulations for Money Service Businesses.
- Commitment to learning supervisory tasks such as inventory management, audits and reporting, staff management, and Compliance requirements.
- Commitment to on-going training for Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
The role of Head Teller involves providing excellent customer service to clients at the counter, as well as assisting the Branch Manager with day-to-day operation of the branch. Some of these duties include:
- Processing client transactions and assisting Tellers with client transactions as needed.
- Assisting the Branch Manager with hiring and training new employees.
- Resolving Teller and client concerns or questions.
- Balancing and maintaining branch Cash flows.
- Understanding and following all FINTRAC regulatory procedures for MSB’s.
- Supervising and assisting Tellers with Compliance requests.
- Ensuring branch cleanliness and visual standards.
- Daily and Monthly sale volume and income reports.
- Key holding duties and managerial duties, including coverage for Branch Manager when required.
- Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of cash handling and customer service experience is required.
- Previous supervisory or assistant management experience in a retail or financial field.
- Knowledge of banking procedures, currency markets, and FINTRAC regulations is a benefit.
- Confident in use of computers, email programs, and basic internet usage skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in the following languages: English
- Reliable transportation or ability to commute during Branch hours is required.
- Ability to pass a Police Clearance Report.
- Ability to opt-in to Health Spending Account benefits package after a 3-month probationary period. HSA package includes a Health Spending Account, Life insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage, Critical Illness coverage and Travel Emergency Medical coverage.
- Staff rates and no service fees on cash and non-cash foreign exchange products.
Calforex is committed to providing an inclusive and equitable workplace for all team members and clients. We seek applicants who are committed to upholding these values.